Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Water fast, day 2

Day 2 is so much better than day 1. God's worked a lot in me last night and this morning. I think I am finally resting in Him. It's a huge break from trying to fix everything.

When I get into the sweet spot of a fast, I never want to leave it. It's so easy- you know exactly what you're going to eat and drink, whether it's just water, just liquids, or maple-lemonade like the Master Cleanse.

The challenge always comes in exiting the fast because I know I want to keep resting in Him as I return to the world of food. I'm excited about this arrangement, though, because I'll move from water to more liquids (fresh juice, coconut water, vegetable broth) to the Daniel fast (where you eat the diet of a diabetic vegan), and then finally back to meat and eggs.

I am excited about eating meat and eggs again. Yes. Yes indeed.

No comments: