Friday, January 28, 2011

hill running

I am not a runner. I do not run. I eschew it, dis it, whatever you wanna say, I don't like to run.

But lately I've been running. Up and down hills. Mostly up, it's my preference. And God teaches me in our running; He invites me into it.

Today He led me a more roundabout way than I wanted to go. And I ran up and along the flatter places. I slowed down through a turn and some brambles, but He asked me to keep running, so I did. Up another hill.

This place is my life right now is ever in my consciousness- perching on the edge of great change, of great movement, still a little unsure that I'm headed the right direction, and seeking Him, always always always seeking Him for Himself and for answers that He is so pleased to give.

I crested the hill, slowed to a walk. I took it all in before me, this glorious hill. I drank in where I was and looked out at where I was going. I let gravity pull me down the hill until I was running, running, and then up another hill, running, and then walking backwards (gotta work all those muscles).

In the flow. Being with Him. That is where I am and where I shall continue to be. Yes and Amen!

No comments: