Friday, January 7, 2011

Fasting, day 1

Day 2 of 40, Day 1 of fast! I had planned to do a water fast, but really it's a liquids-only-no-chewy-food-allowed fast: water, coconut water, fresh juice, kombucha. I'm aiming to keep it up through church on Sunday morning and eat afterwards. So far, so good. Which surprises me. Because I am a champ at detoxing and cleansing, but I am an absolute pansy about water fasting. Historically, I get whiny. I hate whining. Plus, I had to work Sunday morning and didn't hear pastor speak about fasting. That would have helped motivate me. But I am whine free and happy!

Woke up this morning at 5:45, awake. Awesome. Power yoga. And even more willing!

Since I didn't have anything huge to say today, I thought I'd finish a post I started over a year ago at the end of a cross-country road trip with my Aunt Judy. So go read a fun story about catfish and Southern drawl. And know you are loved.

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed," 
     says the LORD,
who has compassion on you.
            Isaiah 54:10

No comments: