Saturday, January 22, 2011

a day in the life

It's a day for a simple post. So here's a rundown of my day.

I closed last night and stayed with Amukta & the Lamberts in JC since I also opened this morning. I actually like that arrangement since it means I don't need to write anything in the Communication Log. So much simpler. It was a pretty productive day at work- I got the drink machine & both hot pots up with samples; I finished the disco list, nearly finished backstock, and chatted with some customers. I did more than that, but I always seem to forget parts of the day.

After work, I ate some food, chatted with my peeps at the bar, and demonstrated swivels. We were chatting about butt-centric exercises, so after hearing about lunges, wall sits, and back leg lifts, I remembered that swivels are in fact the best butt workout in the known world. Belly dancing's not that bad either. I do both of those. What have I been thinking? I have my work cut out for me, but at least now I know what it is.

I just got into some comfy clothes because Rebecca and I are planning to work out together. It's a beautiful sunshiny & cold day out there, and I need some sunshine and cardio movement. All the yoga is awesome, but I really need to kick it up a notch. After  that, Jerry wants to hang out since he just won $200 and it's burning a hole in his pocket.

And for now, there's too much of Valisa's laughter at the bar to stay in my seat. There you have it: a day in the life.

No comments: